Hello Sophisticated Spenders!
We lost a musical great-Prince!
Today’s Friday Five is all about Prince (Source Wikipedia).
Here are 5 (or More) Facts About Prince:
- He had a patent! On July 26, 1994 he received a patent on his keytar (a keyboard guitar). He wanted to walk, jump and dance around the stage with a cool looking keyboard/guitar! Can’t do all of that while slouched over a keyboard!
- He has a few Trademarks too!
- Purple Rain sold over 20 million copies worldwide.
- He was born epileptic and used to have seizures. (According to Wikipedia, he also said: “My mother told me one day I walked in to her and said, ‘Mom, I’m not going to be sick anymore,’ and she said, ‘Why?’ and I said, ‘Because an angel told me so’.”
- Prince was named after his father, whose stage name was Prince Rogers. In a 1991 interview with A Current Affair, Prince’s father said, “I named my son Prince because I wanted him to do everything I wanted to do”.
- He had a potty mouth: He’s on a list called the Filthy Fifteen. His compositions are #1 and #2, and #4 is occupied by his protégée Vanity. He’s also the reason they put the warning label on albums.
- 2 name changes: He changed his name to “The Artist Formerly Known As Prince” (TAFKAP) then he changed his name to a symbol.
He died in his home which was also his hometown of Minnesota. I believe he had a good heart. He was a musical genius and will be missed!
Check out this link to see the how the Landmarks and Monuments across the US were purple in honor of Prince!
Also check out: 10 Shadiest Moments That Prince Blessed Us With Over The Years
4 thoughts on “Five Facts About Prince”
Prince was that dude! One of my favorite artist ever. He will be missed.
Yes! Didn’t I see a post about you trying to get tickets to his concert too?
Hell yeah. I decided to go against better judgement and not go. Didn’t want to spend nearly $250 for one. Looking back, I wish I did.
You’d never have known tho!