Hello Sophisticated Spenders!
Today’s Friday Five is a flashback from May 18, 2012! I’ve updated my answers in red!
Since today is the much anticipated IPO of Facebook stock, I’d like to know your thoughts about it. (IPO is an Initial Public Offering where people are allowed to purchase stock in a particular company. Who knows, maybe 10 years from now SophisticatedSpender.com will be HUGE and I’ll have my own IPO!)
1. Are you going to purchase any Facebook stock?
2. If so why and when, and if not, why not?
3. Do you have a Facebook account?
4. How many “friends” do you have?
5. How many times per day do you check Facebook?
Here I go:
1. Yes! I am a former day trader, so I intend on purchasing some shares of Facebook. (Yes I did!)
2. They are supposed to start off trading at $38 per share and I figure I’ve easily spent that amount at a bar or on a pair of shoes, so it couldn’t hurt going without one of these items in the name of legal gambling. I hope to buy some shares tomorrow if I remember to log into one of my trading accounts to do so. I’ve been forgetting to do lots of things lately. (I bought a few shares at $46.98 and now they’re worth $93.95.)
3. I was finally convinced to create a Facebook page by my friend, Agatha. It’s been great for sharing my blog and catching up with people. (Yes I d0!)
4. I currently have 534 friends. I actually did a first round of deleting people last week. (I have 1,134 friends and the blog has 311 likes)
5. I would say “too many.” I check it when I get bored and that can be as long as 2 hours or as short as 2 minutes. And I always get annoyed when I reach the same place that I previously left off in the news feed. (Still too many!)
I’d love to hear about your plans for tomorrow. And if you hate Facebook or don’t even know what it is (that would be you mom), feel free to tell me any random 5 things today. Or tell me about 5 stocks that you own.