Hello Sophisticated Spenders!!!!
There are 100 days till Christmas!
I want you to make a crazy amount of money before the year is over so let’s get to work on making some extra money!!!
Here are 8 ways you can make and or save $500 by Christmas!
1. Redirect Spending: Pick a category from August and decide to save that amount in September, October, November AND December. You can pick any one you want: Gas, Utilities, Cellphone, Cable, Coffee, Restaurants-you get the idea!
2. Pack a Lunch: Spend 5 or 10 minutes packing up tonight’s leftovers for work tomorrow. Or head to the grocery store and buy a quick bag of salad mix, lunch meat (or tuna), bread and some chips and you can get by pretty cheap for the week! I usually cook a lot on Sunday night and take that for lunch at least Monday-Wednesday.
Click here for my #LunchStreak tips!
3. Go to Happy Hour: Yes, I said that right. If you tend to splurge on lunch or dinner during or after work, you can potentially save lots of money at happy hour. Drinks and food are normally half priced. I can grab a drink and eat a very good meal at my favorite two DC Happy Hour spots for well under $10.
4. Do the Math: There are 100 days till Christmas. You will need to only save around $5 a day to reach $500 by then. Also, there are 72 days till Black Friday, so you will need to save around $7 a day to reach $500 if you plan to do all of your shopping on Black Friday (and don’t forget about Small Business Saturday). OK, so this post is a little late. But at least you know where your numbers are!
5. Challenge a Friend: Share your goal of saving with a friend and come up with other ways to save money. You can both hold each other accountable for your actions and have fun being on the same page with your money goals for the rest of the year!
6. Sell Stuff: You have a few options for selling stuff. You can sell your old stuff anywhere you wish: Amazon, eBay, Craigslist or a consignment store. Or if you are crafty, you can create an Etsy shop and sell your stuff online!
7. Start a blog: Did you know you can get started on a website for only $3.45 per month. (Click here to take advantage of this deal). **Please use my affiliate link** BlueHost is having a HUGE sale on websites. I can help you start your website in less than an hour in my FREE webinar next month! (Or at any time just shoot me an email!)
8. Share your talents with the world: I love exercising, cooking and sewing. I am making side income doing all 3 of those tasks. I have websites set up where people can hire me to teach those 3 items. YOU CAN DO THIS TOO! I know you can. Please reach out to me if you need help getting started! Speaking of webinars, I’ll also be hosting a sewing webinar and cooking/healthy eating and exercising webinars too! Because-why not!
Bonus: Side Hustle: Check out my post on getting into Focus groups! Find Focus Groups and Mystery Shopping opportunities in your areas! Do some dog sitting or baby sitting or cleaning for others.
I think for my challenge I will pick option #3 (of course). I LOVE happy hour. I will also pick #1 and figure out how much money I spent on gas last month and try to save that amount for the next 3 months. Actually, I”ll be picking #4 and #8 too! But more about those later…
One thought on “8 Easy Ways to Make $500 By Christmas”