Hello Sophisticated Spenders!
I was cruising through my credit card statement and was curious on what I’ve spent so far this year.
It was CRAZY!
Since Jan 1, 2014, I’ve spent $46,462.82!
Here are the categories (in my Alex Trebek voice-I love Jeopardy!):
Merchandise & Supplies: $20,300.99
Business Services: $3,829.66
Fees & Adjustments: $14.01 (a foreign transaction fee)
Note there are $0 interest charges because I pay the balance IN FULL every month!
That means that my average monthly spending was $3,871.83.
That’s $129 per day-EVERY day!
My goal for next year is to cut that number in half!
Yes, IN HALF!
Here’s how I plan on cutting back:
1. Stop crashing my car! I am a terrible driver. I may need to catch the metro a few more times per month. Or just be more careful when I’m driving-but I’m careful ALL of the time…right?
2. Try to get sponsors for my 2015 conferences! I can make a serious dent in that travel budget by getting paid to attend some of these blogger conferences.
3. Get a boyfriend! hahahahaha. Self explanatory!
4. Meal Plans! I love cooking but I also hate wasting food. I need a better plan for my eating because I like restaurants and I like cooking. There HAS to be a balance somewhere in there!
5. Re-evaluate Needs Vs Wants! I’ve been long overdue for this one. Moving from a 1500 sq ft 3 bedroom townhouse to a 500 sq ft studio has been life changing (Cutting the cable has also been great). I am a lot more picky with what I buy because I don’t have space for a whole bunch of junk (AKA wants).
I would LOVE to hear your numbers for 2014!
How much have you spent in 2014? Was it good or bad? How will you make changes?
(Please share this with a friend that would find this information useful!)
2 thoughts on “Year To Date Credit Card Spending 2014”
Crystal, I love this but am wondering about the following:
1.) Merchandise and supplies for what? Do you have a side business?
2.) I thought you cooked a lot?
3.) Travels-Where are you going??!! Where did you go??!!
4.) I think your entertainment and travel budget are probably the same 🙂
Very good points Michelle! I’m working on an update to this post! Thanks for your comments!