The 5 Workshops That I Loved at FINCON11
Hello Sophisticated Spenders,
The 2011 Financial Blogger Conference was amazing! I learned a lot and met lots of wonderful people. Here is a little bit of what I learned.
1. “More than a Blogger:The Psychology of Thinking Big” by Ramit Sethi from I will teach you to be rich. He had an awesome video called “Let’s Get Rich Bitch!” It totally reminded me of my “Get Out Of Debt Bitches” video (coming soon). He offered lots of insight and tips that totally never crossed my mind. (twitter @ramit)
2. “Why We Write” by JD Roth from Get Rich Slowly. This guy is amazing! He said we should put the readers first. (Instead of focusing on ads and affiliates). (twitter @jdroth)
3. “Getting to 1 Million Pageviews on a Small Budget” by Will Chen from Wisebread. Go to wisebread.com/Fincon11 for the slides and an action plan for your blog. He introduced the ideas of templates and getting feedback from your readers. (twitter @willchenesq)
4. “Effective Video on a Shoestring Budget” by Stacy Johnson. I loved all of the ideas they had about getting yourself out there and creating awesome videos on a small budget.
5. “68 Ways to Monetize Your Blog” by Julia Scott from BargainBabe.com. She offered lots of ideas and things you can do outside of the house instead of just sitting in front of a computer.
There were more presentations that I really liked and learned a lot from. I also met lots of cool people and learned a lot from the attendees too. I also missed out on a few workshops and events. I’m hoping next year’s conference is not in my hometown!
Who else was at the conference??? Did you see me in my SophisticatedSpender.com t-shirt???
- Financial Blogger Conference 2011: We’ll Be There! (bradsdeals.com)
- The Savings Team at FINCON11 (savings.com)
- The Best of Get Rich Slowly: July 2011 (getrichslowly.org)